How to get to Andermatt by car, train or airplane
- Andermatt is well connected with the major highway A2 in both direktions, south and north. The drivingtime from Milano is about 2 hours and from Zürich 1,5 Hours. Frankfurt and Munich are both about 4,5 hours away.
- Please note that the Oberalp-pass and Furka are closed in the winter. You can drive your car onto a train and use this route, but please check what time the last "AUTOVERLADUNG" is. Especially driving from Munich dont follow blind your onboard navigation. A closed train means a 200km detour.
By train and airplane
- The closest Airports are Zürich and Milano. Zürich is easier to reach because of good connection both with roads and railway.
- The Railways SBB and MGB have very good connections towards Andermatt. Zürich airport is about 2,5 hours away.
- Frankfurt airport is about 6 hours away with very convenient ICE trains via Basel.
Parking in Andermatt
- Parking is cheap in Andermatt. Longtime parking costs 5CHF per Exit regardless how long you stay
- Parking at the Gemstock and Nätschen lifts cost, SFr. 5,- / day. DAY PARKING ONLY DUE SNOW REMOVAL! YOU WILL BE TOWED AWAY AT NIGHT!
- Here is a link to the location of the longtime parking in Andermatt. www.gemeinde-andermatt.ch/documents/Flyer_PP1.pdf